David Ríos Biography
Started working in hospitality at the age of 18 years, considering self and always with a theme in your work and in your life, learning and continuous improvement.
Owner at different stages of cafes and cocktail bar, as well as catering cocktail.
Throughout his career he also serves as Maitre and recognized as a sommelier in hotels and restaurants, to highlight Res.Aizian,1 Michelin star (formerly Sheraton Bilbao) or Restaurant Mugaritz, with two Michelin stars (3rd best restaurant in the world)
He currently teaches master classes, lectures, courses around the world, consultant and adviser, also jury of international cocktails and jury of the best bars in the world…
and always new projects on the horizon.
Awards and Recognition:
- Champion and runner northern Spain 2001 Gin tonic.
- Cocktail Champion northern Spain 2003.
- Gin Tonic Champion Spain 2010.
- Champion International Gin Tonic 2011.
- Best Bartender of Spain by Fibar 2013.
- Best Bartender of Spain by Diageo Reserve World Class 2013.
- Test winner Punch & Glass in the final of the world Diageo Reserve World Class 2013.
- Best Bartender in Europe by Diageo Reserve World Class 2013.
- Best Bartender in the world by Diageo Reserve World class.
- Recognized with the Ibero-American medal by the Honoris Causa Foundation for promoting Tequila, Mezcal and Mexican culture around the world in 2019.
- Official Bartender of the campaign for Tanqueray No. Ten in Europe.
- Official presentation in Spain of the new bottle of Tanqueray No. Ten
- Creator of the official cocktails for the Ryder Cup 2014.
- Official mixologist of the Latin Grammys 2014 in Las Vegas.
- Official presentation in Spain of the new Gin Jinzu.
- Creator of the official cocktails in homage to Antonio Banderas, Dani Rovira and the films El Niño and Isla Magica for the Goya 2015.
- Project Gastrosimphony, the best tenor in the world (Juan Diego Flórez), the best cook in the world (Joan Roca) and the best bartender in the world (David Rios), performed at the UN and the Teatro Real in Madrid, this is to join music , Food and cocktails.
- Creation of 4 martinis for the new cocktail list of the Aqua chain in Hong Kong and staff training with a very important part focusing on the Gin Tonic world.
- V.I.P food pairing dinner at The House of Purple one of the most exclusive venues in Seoul, Korea.
- Official presentation with David Beckham and actor Alex Gonzalez of the exclusive Haig Club whisky in Madrid, also, V.I.P food pairing dinner with Luis Figo, Amaia Salamanca, Risto Mejide …
- Creation of cocktails and guest of honor for the official opening of the King Cole Bar of the Hotel St. Regis Mexico.